Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Santa Hat Mani

Hi All,

I have to say, that without my nails, it's been hard for me to be inspired. I finally cut them completely off to start from scratch.  I am however really tempted to get acrylics or something like that (even an overlay). Because, it was so difficult to keep my nails long, especially on both hands.  I just hate the idea of having to go get them done.  I'm really curious about that OPI product (clear overlay).  I just really feel like if I'm gonna go that realm that I might learn how to do it myself.  But, darn I miss my long nails. My main thing has always been to do nail art.  The longer the nails, the more options for drawing on them.  I really don't have a lot of judgments against fake nails, it just seems like a lot of bloggers try to do it the natural nail way.  But, I also agree that not everyone has the genetics for that.  I don't know, maybe I'm just hormonal lol.  Talk me down or tell me about your experiences with fake nails.  Help me out people.

Ok, deep breath.....Here is my new mani.  I used a type of double sided tape and pressed some nails on temporarily.  I did several different santa hats to hopefully help inspire you.  If you click on the pictures, they will get bigger so you can see more detail.





10 comments:

  1. this is adoreable!

    my nails grow out okay but i decided to keep them short for the winter. i haven't gotten acrylics in a long time. when i took them off there was a lot of damage. i probably won't get them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute manicure! I love how you drew the hats ^_^
    I have never tried any sort of fake nails. My cousin had a very bad experience in the past that almost ruined her nails so I am always scared to try them. I will only wear them temporarily with self adhesive tabs. But I find it really annoying too when I put so much effort to grow my nails and they start chipping or breaking :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I know. I did get them for my wedding and I still have nightmares about the removal, but then that is also because the tech sucked. I am going to do a lot of research. The OPI one is a liquid brushed on and it's cured but it soaks off. So, it really shouldn't damage my nails. It would just be a coating over it. Decisions....decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niiiice!! I like the thumb one better, since I have a Santa hat that looks that way!

    For the overlay, I used Real Life Brush-On Gel Nail Kit. It comes with tips, but you really don't have to use them. Super easy to apply, dries pretty quickly, and lasts about a week. It's easily removable with acetone based polish remover, and doesn't damage the nails underneath. Cheaper than a salon, and you can do it on your own time. It's about $10 for the kit, and you can do at least 3 manis with one kit. Hope this helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm going to look for that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice,i like it and sure i will try it myself in the next days ,now i have snow on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cutie design (^_^) i really like it ! btw i added u also in my blog list.take care and thank you

    ReplyDelete