Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Simpsons as the Addams Family

Halloween is approaching and for the next several weeks, I'm starting some fun Halloween manicures. I will try to give many different design ideas. They won't be all cartoons since I know not everyone can draw to that extent.

Please don't forget to sign up for the contest. And don't forget there is an extra entry post below if you are interesting in more chances to win China Glaze Vintage Vixen Collection.

Now, I did do a tutorial of sorts. It was very difficult to cram 3 to 4 hours of work into 8 minutes.  So, I did the best I could giving a general layout of my process since many people have asked me to show how I do it.  I do have a natural ability to draw and that was also enhanced with some drawing courses.  I basically look at a picture and draw it on my nails.  Let me know what you think!

This is the picture I was copying.

14 comments:

  1. These are great, what nail pen did you use for the outlining? It seemed to work really well and I've been on the look out for something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saly Hansons. It's okay. The black one I was using tends to go in and out. It was driving me nuts. I just started using them. Before, I just used brushes and acrylic paint. But with the pen, it's so much easier to draw curves. I feel like I'm using a pencil which is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!! I'm going to call my hubs over to check this out. Wait. He'll want me to do this, too. Maybe I won't. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing.. It's fun to see how you do it, so it's possible to try (try is the key-word here) to do the same..
    And I love both the Simpsons and the Adams family, so what better design is there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a steady hand! I love your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanna make my nails look like that, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Really well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making the most beautiful mani's! I love to watch the pictures and your movie!

    ReplyDelete